A modernist house and studio specially built by Pierre Vandevoort for the sculptor Constant Permeke (1886-1952).
- Open to the public
Previously primarily a painter, Constant Permeke began experimenting with sculpture whilst living and working in this house, which was built for him between 1928-1930, to designs based partially on his drawings.
Permeke lived here until his death in 1952, when he expressed the wish that the house should be opened to the public. The Province of West Flanders formally opened the museum in 1961. Today, the Permeke Museum, along with the Ensor Museum in Ostend, forms one of the satellite museums of Mu.Zee, the Art Museum by the Sea in Ostend.