Articles from the Johannes Larsen Museum
- Troels Malthe Borch, Curator at the Østfyns Museer, Denmark, on keeping the artist's spirit alive in the Johannes Larsen Museum.
- A new digital archive of letters and documents from the Furnish painters.
Johannes Larsen moved here with his wife, the artist Alhed Warberg (1872-1927) in 1901, three years after their marriage. Over the years they adapted and decorated the house to fit both their family and their artistic practice. The Larsen home was, for two decades, a gathering place for the group of so-called 'Furnish' painters, including Fritz (1862-1939) and Anna Syberg (1870-1914) and Anna's brother Peter Hansen (1868-1928). The group focused on painting outdoors, which for Larsen included the paintings of birds for which he became most famous. While at Kerteminde, Larsen also explored woodcuts and book illustration.
The house became a museum in 1986, after Larsen's surviving family moved away, and today it is part of the Museums of Eastern Funen.